Fire Marshal: Fire at Douglas Drive home in Meriden caused by short in electric wire

Fire Marshal: Fire at Douglas Drive home in Meriden caused by short in electric wire



 

MERIDEN — A fire at a Douglas Drive home on Saturday was caused by a short in an extension cord. 

The fire was reported around 5:30 p.m. at 183 Douglas Drive. Fire Chief Ken Morgan said it was contained to a bedroom at the back of the house. The attic had smoke and heat damage. The owner was not home and there were no reported injuries.

Fire Marshal Steve Trella said Tuesday that the fire started in an extension cord a lamp was plugged into. It spread to the bed and then the rest of the bedroom. The home will be uninhabitable for a while, Trella said. 

– Lauren Sellew 


Advertisement
Help Support Quality Local Journalism

SUBSCRIBE TO THE RJ NOW

Latest Videos