Family displaced after electrical fire in Meriden home

Family displaced after electrical fire in Meriden home



reporter photo

MERIDEN — An electrical fire early Wednesday displaced a family on Bunker Avenue. 

Two firefighters suffered “very minor injuries” when flooring and joists from the attic fell on them, Deputy Fire Chief Ryan Dunn said. The four people who live in the house, including one child, and several pets got out safely.

The fire at 135 Bunker Ave. was reported just after 3 a.m. and appeared to have started near a ceiling fan, Fire Marshal Steve Trella said. Firefighters were able to confine the fire to the attic, but the home sustained extensive smoke and water damage. 

Dunn said both firefighters refused treatment and are not expected to be out of work.

The utilities were cut to the home and the building inspector responded. The home will be uninhabitable for the foreseeable future and the family will be staying with relatives, Trella said. .

lsellew@record-journal.com
203-317-2225
Twitter: @LaurenSellewRJ


Advertisement

Read more articles like this and help support local journalism by subscribing to the Record Journal.

Unlimited Digital Access just 99¢

Read more articles like this by subscribing to the Record Journal.

Unlimited Digital Access for just 99¢