NORTH HAVEN — The case of a local man charged with running over and killing his wife last year was continued to July.
Francesco Suppa, 59, is charged with second-degree manslaughter. He was released after posting $50,000 bond.
Suppa was scheduled to appear in Meriden Superior Court on Tuesday. The case was continued to July 30. Suppa has not entered a plea to the charge.
On May 10, 2018 around 7:20 p.m. police responded to 119 Scrub Oak Road for a report of a woman struck by a vehicle. Suppa told police the incident was an accident.
The couple was involved in a dispute prior to the incident. Suppa sped in reverse down the driveway, striking and dragging his wife, authorities said. Antonietta Suppa was taken to an area hospital and succumbed to her injuries the next morning.