Southington fire officials: Monday house fire on Marion Avenue started on porch

Southington fire officials: Monday house fire on Marion Avenue started on porch



reporter photo

SOUTHINGTON — Fire officials say a Monday fire that left a Marion Avenue home uninhabitable started on the porch.

Fire Marshal John Solury said the exact cause of the fire could not be determined and added the investigation has been closed.

Firefighters responded to 764 Marion Ave. at about 12:45 p.m. Monday. Battalion Chief Glenn Dube said the home was unoccupied at the time of the fire and there were no reported injuries.

The fire spread from the porch to the first and second floors. It was extinguished before it reached the attic.

The home is owned by Todd K. Rogers and was built in 1850, according to town records.

jroman@record-journal.com
203-317-2420
Twitter: @JenieceRoman


Advertisement

Read more articles like this and help support local journalism by subscribing to the Record Journal.

Unlimited Digital Access just 99¢

Read more articles like this by subscribing to the Record Journal.

Unlimited Digital Access for just 99¢