SOUTHINGTON — A fire did “cosmetic” damage to an Eden Avenue home Saturday night.
“There’s a lot of cosmetic damage, but nothing to prevent (the family) from staying in the home,” said Battalion Chief Glenn Dube. The fire at 119 Eden Ave. was reported shortly after 7:30 p.m.
There were no injuries sustained by any residents or firefighters, who left the scene around 10 p.m.
Dube said flames spread inside one wall of the home, damaging it and a ceiling. Mutual aid was provided by the Cheshire Fire Department, which provided help at the scene, and the Plainville Fire Department, which provided coverage.
– Devin Leith-Yessian
Read more articles like this and help support local journalism by subscribing to the Record Journal.
Unlimited Digital Access just 99¢
Read more articles like this by subscribing to the Record Journal.
Unlimited Digital Access for just 99¢