Chimney fire damages Middlefield home

Chimney fire damages Middlefield home



 

MIDDLEFIELD — No one was injured after a chimney fire extended into a home Monday morning, according to the town’s volunteer fire company. 

The company responded to a home on Kickapoo Road around 10:30 a.m. for a chimney fire that extended into the home, according to the Westfield Fire Department. 

“Crews worked to knock down the fire quickly and began to overhaul the area including the chimney where the fire is believed to have originated from,” the fire company said in a Facebook post Monday. 

The damage was contained to a small area around the wood stove. No one was injured, according to the fire department.

The company advised residents to have their chimneys cleaned ann inspected at least once a year to prevent chimney fires.

– Bailey Wright  


Advertisement

Read more articles like this and help support local journalism by subscribing to the Record Journal.

Unlimited Digital Access just 99¢

Read more articles like this by subscribing to the Record Journal.

Unlimited Digital Access for just 99¢