Kitchen fire damages Middlefield home

Kitchen fire damages Middlefield home



MIDDLEFIELD — No injuries were reported in a kitchen fire at a single family home on Peters Lane Monday morning. 

The fire, reported about 8 a.m., was confined to the kitchen. Firefighters were on scene for about an hour and a half, with mutual aid from the Durham Volunteer Fire Company and Westfield Fire Department. The Middlefield Volunteer Fire Company credited smoke detectors for helping to alert occupants and 911 sooner. They recommend smoke detectors be tested monthly and batteries replaced every six months.

Bailey Wright 


 


Advertisement

Read more articles like this and help support local journalism by subscribing to the Record Journal.

Unlimited Digital Access just 99¢

Read more articles like this by subscribing to the Record Journal.

Unlimited Digital Access for just 99¢