Family displaced following fire at Harrison Road home in Wallingford 

Family displaced following fire at Harrison Road home in Wallingford 



reporter photo

WALLINGFORD — A family was displaced following a basement fire at a Harrison Road home Tuesday morning.

The fire was reported just before 9:30 a.m. at 4 Harrison Road. Deputy Fire Chief Steve Alsup said crews found a small fire in the basement of the home when they arrived.

The fire was extinguished within about 15 minutes and minor damage was reported, Alsup said. One person was home at the time of the fire but there were no reported injuries.

The town Electric Division was asked to cut power and the home has been deemed uninhabitable, fire officials said.

Mutual aid responded from Meriden. The cause of the fire was not immediately known.

lsellew@record-journal.com

203-317-2225

Twitter: @LaurenSellewRJ


Advertisement
Help Support Quality Local Journalism

SUBSCRIBE TO THE RJ NOW

Latest Videos