WALLINGFORD — A dryer fire at a downtown laundromat temporarily shut down a section of Center Street and prompted the evacuation of nearby businesses Wednesday afternoon.
The fire was reported about 1:15 p.m. at Wallingford Laundromat, 148 Center St. Two dryers caught fire. The business had minimal fire and smoke damage, said Battalion Chief Kris Sundwall.
Sundwall said area businesses were temporarily evacuated and a section of Center Street, between South Orchard Street and William Street, was closed.
There were no reported injuries.
Read more articles like this and help support local journalism by subscribing to the Record Journal.
Unlimited Digital Access just 99¢
Read more articles like this by subscribing to the Record Journal.
Unlimited Digital Access for just 99¢