No reported injuries in fire that started in dryer of Wallingford home

No reported injuries in fire that started in dryer of Wallingford home



 

WALLINGFORD — A Route 5 home was damaged after a dryer fire Monday morning.

The fire was reported about 10 a.m. at 1068 S. Colony Road, a home located to rear of Zandri’s Stillwood Inn. It started in the dryer and spread through the vent to the second floor, said Battalion Chief Edward Butkus. A resident was able to get out safely.

Butkus said the fire was extinguished quickly. Firefighters could be seen pulling siding from around the vent on the exterior of the home, which suffered water damage. 

Firefighters left the scene just before 1 p.m. 

Police Sgt. David Blythe said there were no reported injuries.

– Record-Journal staff 

 

 


Advertisement
Help Support Quality Local Journalism

SUBSCRIBE TO THE RJ NOW

Latest Videos