Southington middle school dismisses students early after gas leak

SOUTHINGTON — Students at Kennedy Middle School were dismissed early because of a gas leak this morning.

A construction worker hit the gas line while working in the area, said Sgt. Jeffrey Dobratz, police spokesman. The call came in shortly after 11 a.m. and students and staff were evacuated.

Police, fire, Yankee Gas, and Board of Education administration responded to the incident.

Buses were provided to shelter the students and they were transported to the Aqua Turf Club until officials could determine the severity of the leak.

School officials made the decision to dismiss the students at 1:30 p.m. All after-school activities have been canceled.

Back to LatestNews

Latest Comments