North Star Drive house fire displaces residents

North Star Drive house fire displaces residents


SOUTHINGTON — A fire that began in the chimney of a North Star Drive house Wednesday spread to the home’s first and second floors, leaving the residents displaced but unharmed. One firefighter was taken to the hospital with a shoulder injury resulting from a fall.

Capt. Alan Zygmunt said the fire at 71 North Star Dr. began at about 5:30 p.m. and caused fire damage to both floors and water damage to the second floor. The entire house also suffered minor smoke damage, he said.

Units were able to put out the fire in about a half an hour, but were on site for three hours, Zygmunt said. The road was closed for the duration of that time, he said.

The fire marshal is conducting an ongoing investigation of the incident.

Support Quality Local Journalism

Latest Videos