Transformer sparks brush fire in Southington

Transformer sparks brush fire in Southington

Record-Journal
image


SOUTHINGTON—A transformer fire sparked a small brush fire on Thursday night.

Crews were dispatched at 8:25 p.m. to a vacant commercial building at 102 W. Center St.

Fire officials said part of the building’s metal roof blew upwards and touched the service feed wires, sparking a brush fire under it that was 3 feet by 6 feet.

Eversource was called to the scene and shut off power to the building. No power outages in the area were reported.

Traffic was detoured at Summer Street and South Center Street.


Latest Videos



X