Sheehan High School in Wallingford briefly evacuated due to smoke from chemistry class

Sheehan High School in Wallingford briefly evacuated due to smoke from chemistry class

Record-Journal
image


WALLINGFORD — Sheehan High School was briefly evacuated Friday afternoon after a chemistry class experiment caused smoke to fill the second floor.

Fire crews responded around noon for a report of smoke caused by an experiment in a chemistry class, fire officials said. The school was evacuated while firefighters ventilated the building with fans.

Students were able to come back onto the first floor while firefighters finished venting the second floor, which took a little over an hour. There were no injuries and no damage to the building, fire officials said. The school was running normally by 1:30 p.m., officials said.


Support Quality Local Journalism

Latest Videos




X