September 2, 2016 02:31PM
By Richie Rathsack,
WALLINGFORD — Though 1994 may not feel like the distant past, the 22 years proved enough time for all the stores at the 1268 S. Broad St. plaza to completely change.
A 1994 file photograph shows the sign at the entrance with a big Caldor sign. The discount retailer closed in 1999 after struggling through a few years of bankruptcy. Kohl’s department store now anchors the plaza, opening in April of 2000. Their large sign would be at the top of the posts, but it blew down in a storm in the last year.
Other businesses listed on the plaza sign from 1994 include House of Fabrics, Pet Land, Vision World, Wallingford Discount Liquors and Pumpernickel Pub.