ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Stay Connected
ADVERTISEMENT


North Star Drive house fire displaces residents


SOUTHINGTON — A fire that began in the chimney of a North Star Drive house Wednesday spread to the home’s first and second floors, leaving the residents displaced but unharmed. One firefighter was taken to the hospital with a shoulder injury resulting from a fall.

Capt. Alan Zygmunt said the fire at 71 North Star Dr. began at about 5:30 p.m. and caused fire damage to both floors and water damage to the second floor. The entire house also suffered minor smoke damage, he said.

Units were able to put out the fire in about a half an hour, but were on site for three hours, Zygmunt said. The road was closed for the duration of that time, he said.

The fire marshal is conducting an ongoing investigation of the incident.



Back to SouthingtonNews
Top Stories of the Week

Four charged after man stabbed in neck outside Meriden residence …
MERIDEN — A police investigation led to the arrest of four people this month on assault charges stemming from a fight outside a Springdale Avenue … more ...

Police: Former employee and accomplice stole cash register from Meriden …
MERIDEN — Two city women face burglary charges after police say they stole a cash register from a Colony Street restaurant. The owner of the … more ...

Wilcox principal on leave, letters detail ‘leadership and communication’ issues …
MERIDEN — Lisa Hylwa, the principal of Wilcox Technical High School, was placed on administrative leave in January pending an investigation by the state technical … more ...

Man who drove killer of Meriden convenience store owner accepts …
MERIDEN — Willie Breyette, the New Britain man accused of being an accomplice in the 2012 killing of a 70-year-old convenience store owner, agreed to … more ...

Meriden man charged after calling 911 nine times in one …
MERIDEN — Police say a city man was arrested on multiple charges after he called 911 several times on one night but would not cooperate … more ...

Latest Comments