ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT


Stay Connected
ADVERTISEMENT


North Star Drive house fire displaces residents


SOUTHINGTON — A fire that began in the chimney of a North Star Drive house Wednesday spread to the home’s first and second floors, leaving the residents displaced but unharmed. One firefighter was taken to the hospital with a shoulder injury resulting from a fall.

Capt. Alan Zygmunt said the fire at 71 North Star Dr. began at about 5:30 p.m. and caused fire damage to both floors and water damage to the second floor. The entire house also suffered minor smoke damage, he said.

Units were able to put out the fire in about a half an hour, but were on site for three hours, Zygmunt said. The road was closed for the duration of that time, he said.

The fire marshal is conducting an ongoing investigation of the incident.



Back to SouthingtonNews
Top Stories of the Week

Southington police officer, Walmart aid man following bicycle theft …
SOUTHINGTON — A man whose only means of transportation is a bicycle had the bicycle stolen in May. Thanks to a police officer and Walmart, … more ...

Wallingford native grows fishing lure business with help from shark …
WESTBROOK — Sitting at a table in the middle of World Record Striper Co. Friday, Greg Myerson fielded a call from a customer. As he … more ...

Driver’s brakes fail, crashes into tree on Broad Street in …
MERIDEN — A man was taken to Hartford Hospital for minor injuries after the brakes on his car failed as he came off the highway, … more ...

Meriden man charged with selling drugs out of rented garage …
MERIDEN — A city man has been charged with selling drugs out of a rented garage on Griswold Street. After obtaining a search warrant for … more ...

Mayor seeks to expedite development …
MERIDEN — The threatened departure of Double Play Cafe has the city’s two mayoral candidates agreeing there’s a need for change. Prompted by complaints from … more ...

Comments