WALLINGFORD — A fire damaged the second floor of a local home Friday afternoon.
Lt. Patrick Hagerty of the Wallingford Fire Department said units responded to the call at 365 Hope Hill Road at 12:05 p.m. and managed to extinguish the blaze in 10 minutes.
No one was injured as a result of the fire, but the home’s occupants have been forced to make alternate lodging arrangements, he said.
Hagerty said the fire originated in one of the second- floor bedrooms. He described the room as “gutted.”
The other bedroom in the cape-style house also sustained smoke and heat damage, he said.
The home’s first floor was also partially damaged by the water used to douse the flames, Hagerty said.
Hagerty said Truck 1, Car 4, Squad 5, and Engines 1, 2, and 5 assisted at the scene, along with two department ambulances.
The incident is still under investigation by the fire marshal’s office.