The Berlin Police Department would like to provide a few operational updates that have been put in place due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. First we’d like to thank all of our community members for their cooperation in following the recommendations of local, state and federal officials. This is a very difficult time for many and we are very proud to see how our community has come together to combat this problem. Until further notice the following measures will be implemented by the police department:
• We will be suspending all public fingerprinting services. Any questions related to fingerprinting can be directed to Officer Cathy Griffin at 860-828-7185 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• We will be suspending our prescription drug take back program at police headquarters. The collection box in our lobby has been taken out of service.
• We are requesting that citizens who would like to obtain copies of police reports or have any questions pertaining to our Records Division, to contact us by phone, fax or email. In response to these requests, a member of our Records Division will make every effort to fulfill them without the need for anyone to come to the police department. Call 860-828-7109, fax 860-828-7590 or email email@example.com.
• We request that members of the public only use the police department lobby if you are in need of immediate emergency protection or assistance. For all other routine matters, please contact the police department by phone at 860-828-7080 and a dispatcher will assist you. As always, for any emergency situation immediately dial 911 for assistance.
• Throughout the year and during times of crisis the food service industry and generous Berlin citizens routinely show their support for our officers by generously donating food or baked goods. Unfortunately, due to current conditions we can’t accept any consumable donations. Instead we ask that if you need food, to support our local restaurants and coffee shops, by utilizing their take-out options.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work through this together. The Berlin Police Department will continue to provide you with the highest level of service during this time and we ask everyone to do their part to slow the spread of the coronavirus.
-- Press Release