Our CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE is free, but producing it is not. Please help keep our newsroom on the job by subscribing now.

Monday fire at Belvedere Drive home in Meriden caused by lit cigarette

Monday fire at Belvedere Drive home in Meriden caused by lit cigarette



reporter photo

MERIDEN — A fire at a Belvedere Drive home Monday afternoon was caused by a lit cigarette.

The fire was reported about 4 p.m. at 121 Belvedere Drive. Fire Marshal Steve Trella said a resident was in a bedroom smoking when the cigarette fell on a mattress, which caught fire.

The fire was confined to a bedroom and extinguished about 4:30 p.m. Firefighters rescued a dog from the home.

Trella said the home is uninhabitable.

There were no reports of injuries. Fire Chief Ken Morgan said there was smoke damage throughout the house.

The home is owned by Frank Cyphers, according to city records.

lsellew@record-journal.com

203-317-2225

Twitter: @LaurenSellewRJ


Advertisement
 
Our CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE is free, but producing it is not. Please help keep our newsroom on the job by subscribing now.

More From This Section

Latest Videos

Advertisement