Our CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE is free, but producing it is not. Please help keep our newsroom on the job by subscribing now.

Fire damages restaurant on Hanover Street in Meriden

Fire damages restaurant on Hanover Street in Meriden



MERIDEN — A fire damaged a restaurant in Hanover Street building Tuesday afternoon.

There were no reported injuries.

The fire was reported around 5:10 p.m. at 133 Hanover St. The building houses a restaurant on the first floor and apartments above.

 Assistant Fire Chief Brendan Noonan said the fire started in the restaurant’s grill and resulted in “low to moderate damage” inside the restaurant. The smoke destroyed much of the food, he added.

Noonan said the business will have to close temporarily to repair the damage.

– Devin Leith-Yessian

 

 


Advertisement
 
Our CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE is free, but producing it is not. Please help keep our newsroom on the job by subscribing now.

More From This Section

Latest Videos

Advertisement