At the Record-Journal we're committed to delivering FREE CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE during this crisis.
Today, in this financially challenging time, we are asking for a little extra support from all of you to help us keep our newsroom on the job.

We're committed to delivering FREE CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE during this crisis. Help keep our reporters on the front lines.

Southington home left uninhabitable after fire Saturday night 

Southington home left uninhabitable after fire Saturday night 



reporter photo

SOUTHINGTON — Two firefighters were injured fighting a house fire on Crissey Lane Saturday night.

The firefighters were treated at a hospital for their injuries and released. No further information was available.

The fire at 31 Crissey Lane left the home uninhabitable, said Southington Fire Battalion Chief Thomas Donnelly. Two residents got out safely, but a cat perished in the blaze.  

The fire was reported shortly after 8 p.m. Firefighters contained the flames within 20 minutes and remained on scene until around 11:20 p.m., Donnelly said.

Mutual aid was provided by the Cheshire and Plainville fire departments.

dleithyessian@record-journal.com
203-317-2317
Twitter: @leith_yessian


Advertisement