Two new members of the Council of the North Haven Knights of Columbus were inducted into the Order this month at council headquarters, 22 Church St. The new Knights are Victor Palma and Rob Berey.
The North Haven Council of The Knights of Columbus consists of over 200 practical Catholic men from North Haven and surrounding towns. The Knights provide charitable support to many groups and causes, including to our local fire and police departments and Catholic churches, and to organizations supporting special needs persons.
You've seen our Knights at Stop & Shop at their "Tootsie Roll" and food drives, as well as on the town green serving free hot chocolate and home baked cookies during the Christmas tree lighting.
Blessed Father Michael J. McGivney founded the Knights of Columbus in 1882 at St. Mary's Church on Hillhouse Avenue in New Haven to provide protection for the widows and orphans of immigrants. That principal has grown into a broad-based organization with more than 2 million members around the world devoted to charity and patriotism.