Members sought for town committees

Members sought for town committees

The Town of Plainville has openings on the following land use committees:

Inland Wetlands Commission

The Inland Wetlands Commission is responsible for overseeing the protection of Plainville’s marshes, swamps, ponds, streams and rivers as well as intermittent waterways and vernal pools. The commission reviews and acts on requests for permits to conduct activities inside designated wetlands and also enforces regulations.

Planning & Zoning Commission

The Planning and Zoning Commission hears land use applications for residential, recreational, commercial and industrial purposes. Acting under the zoning authority, the commission is responsible for the establishment and administration of the town’s zoning regulations.

Zoning Board of Appeals

The Zoning Board of Appeals has the powers and duties under Connecticut General Statutes to: a.) vary the zoning regulations under certain circumstances; b.) grant approval for motor vehicle repair shops, new and used car dealerships; and c.) hear and decide appeals decisions resulting from actions of the Zoning Enforcement Officer.

To apply for a commission opening online, visit From the Town Government dropdown, select “Apply for Board or Commission.” You may also contact the Town Manager’s Office to request an application, 860-793-0221 ext. 8703.

With local school, politics and coronavirus news being more important now than ever, please help our newsroom deliver the coverage you deserve. Please support Local news.

More From This Section