3rd person charged in Hartford teen's killing last year

3rd person charged in Hartford teen's killing last year



 

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — A third person was arrested and charged in the shooting last September that killed 17-year-old Usher Hanns and injured three other people, Hartford police said.

Police did not release the name of the third person charged on Wednesday because they said the person was a minor at the time of the shooting, the Hartford Courant reported.

In July, police arrested Diondre Johnson, 19, and Jaden Davis, 20, and accused them of shooting out of a car into a crowd of people in Hartford’s north end last September.

The third person arrested in connection to the shooting is charged with conspiracy to commit murder, criminal liability murder, criminal liability first-degree assault and possession of a pistol without a permit, police said. They did not release other information about the third suspect’s alleged involvement in the shooting.

The suspect will appear in juvenile court Thursday and is expected to be charged as an adult and transferred to the Hartford Superior Court, the newspaper reported.

Police said Johnson and Davis are suspects in at least 11 other shootings in addition to this case, the newspaper reported.

Authorities say Hanns’ killing was part of a series of retaliatory shootings between teenagers that included gunfights between cars, one of which left a 71-year-old woman dead last October.


Advertisement
 
Local school, election and coronavirus news is more crucial now than ever. Help our newsroom deliver the coverage you deserve. Support Local news.

More From This Section

Latest Videos

Advertisement