Fire Marshal: Woman still hospitalized with burn injuries after apartment fire in Wallingford Tuesday

Fire Marshal: Woman still hospitalized with burn injuries after apartment fire in Wallingford Tuesday



reporter photo

WALLINGFORD — A woman remains hospitalized with burn injuries and two dozen residents are displaced following a fire at a local apartment complex Tuesday afternoon. 

Fire crews received calls reporting the fire shortly before 3 p.m. at the Parker Place apartment complex, 53 Parker St. The fire activated multiple sprinklers in the building, affecting other apartment units on the fourth floor and causing water to seep through ceilings below into other apartments. Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire because its spread was limited.

On Wednesday Deputy Fire Marshal Shachar Baitch said the resident of the unit involved was transported to a hospital with reported burn injuries. Baitch said he is waiting to speak with her, but as of Wednesday she remained hospitalized and hasn’t been able to speak with him. Baitch said the fire appears accidental, but the investigation is ongoing. 

It appears the fire started in the bedroom of the unit. A total of 24 residents, all adults, were displaced according to a message he received from Wallingford Emergency Management, Baitch said. There were also three cats and a dog displaced. 

lsellew@record-journal.com203-317-2225Twitter: @LaurenSellewRJ


Advertisement