Firefighters respond to heavy smoke from chimney in Wallingford

Firefighters respond to heavy smoke from chimney in Wallingford



WALLINGFORD — Emergency crews responded to a call of heavy smoke from a chimney on South Turnpike Road. The road was closed for about a half an hour as firefighters assessed the situation.

Lt. Keith Schafer said the call came in at 9:40 that heavy smoke was coming from chimney at 195 S. Turnpike Road. There was no fire or smoke damage to the building and the incident was confined to the chimney area, Schafer said. The smoke from the chimney was caused by a hot water heater malfunctioning, according to Schafer.

One person was in the home at the time and was uninjured. The road was blocked for approximately 30 minutes as crews ventilated the house for carbon monoxide.



Advertisement

Read more articles like this and help support local journalism by subscribing to the Record Journal.

Unlimited Digital Access just 99¢

Read more articles like this by subscribing to the Record Journal.

Unlimited Digital Access for just 99¢