Firefighters extinguish garage fire in Meriden

Firefighters extinguish garage fire in Meriden



MERIDEN — Firefighters extinguished a garage fire at a Windsor Avenue home Friday night.

About 8 p.m., fire crews responded to 121 Windsor Ave. for a reported tree fire that had spread to a garage. Assistant Fire Chief Russ Donovan said a two-car detached garage caught fire. The fire was knocked down “relatively quickly” but the garage was heavily damaged, Donovan said.

Donovan said the fire did not spread to the home or Grace Fellowship Christian Center Church, which is located next door.

No one was injured, Donovan said. The fire marshal is investigating.

blipiner@record-journal.com
203-317-2444
Twitter: @BryanLipiner



Advertisement

Read more articles like this and help support local journalism by subscribing to the Record Journal.

Unlimited Digital Access just 99¢

Read more articles like this by subscribing to the Record Journal.

Unlimited Digital Access for just 99¢